William F. Daiber, DO (1928), was chairman of the Department of Osteopathic Medicine. During the 1960's, PCO received a Cardiovascular Training Grant from the National Heart Institute to "establish, expand, improve or continue instruction in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases." The funding allowed Daiber to expand the hours of instruction in the outpatient serivce and classrooms. Dr. Daiber was the recipient of the 1973 O.J. Snyder Memorial Medal and the 1965 Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation Distinguished Teaching Award.